EMCEE / PANEL FACILITATOR
Committed to ensuring that the least of your worries is your emcee.
Over the past 11 years, Tim Reid has attended hundreds of conferences across 12 countries – as an emcee, a panel facilitator, a keynote speaker, a workshop presenter … even as a delegate!
He’s emceed many conferences including the Telstra Business Awards, the Australian Podcast Awards, and the American Express Idea Exchange.
He’s facilitated panels a variety of panels including at the annual conferences of the Australian Financial Planners Association, BIG4 Caravan Parks, and Westpac Bank.
He’s delivered 100’s of keynotes including for the REIV, David Jones, Platinum Electricians, Husqvarna, and The CEO Institute.
In that time, Tim Reid’s also interrogated (well at least interviewed!) over 500 successful business owners on his award-winning podcast The Small Business Big Marketing Show – downloaded over 4-million times via iTunes, Spotify and inflight on Virgin Australia.
With all this experience, Tim Reid’s 100% certain about one thing when it comes to running a successful conference … that a great emcee/panel facilitator should go unnoticed, making everyone else the hero. Tim Reid will work with you to ensure your conference and event is seamless and through his extensive experience, he’ll super-charge the delegate experience.
To that end, Tim Reid focuses on making heroes out of anyone with whom he shares your stage and reinforces the conference content learnings with the audience.
5 reasons to book Tim Reid as your next conference emcee and/or panel facilitator
1. Tim Reid will put the necessary work in to deeply understanding every aspect of your conference to include timings, speaker details, audience insights along with your particular do’s and don’ts.
2. Tim Reid will make himself available for an overall briefing with you and your team, but just as importantly, he’ll speak 1-on-1 with each speaker/panel member to ensure they’re comfortable and have all the necessary information so they can focus on what they do best.
3. Tim Reid’s innate curiosity and empathy for people and business shines through in the way that he introduces and interacts with everyone who joins him on stage. This means great introductions, and questions that he knows the audience want the answers to.
4. Tim Reid’s attended enough conferences to know that as an audience member, it’s sometimes hard and nerve-wrecking to get involved … to this end, his welcoming nature puts everyone at ease giving them the confidence to ask questions, make comments, feel valued.
5. Tim Reid’s not precious. In fact, he’s ridiculously fun and easy to work with. Changes on the hop? No worries. “Bring them on”, he says!
In the boiling-pot environment of conference organisation, Tim Reid is the emcee/panel facilitator you want on your team, allowing you to get on with the 683 other worries you have on your list.
And that’s gotta be good for business!
I am writing to share with you how impressed I was with the way you facilitated our keynote address last week in Melbourne. Your engagement prior to the event ensured we were well prepared and at ease coming into the day, and your energy on the morning of the conference set the tone for an outstanding learning experience for the 1,400 business executives in attendance. Your combination of humour and commercially astute questions kept the audience highly engaged and prompted frank, honest and meaningful responses from the business leaders being interviewed. Your success was perhaps best summed up in the brief response from the head of the FPA, Marisa Broome; when asked about the impact of the opening event, she responded “It was wonderful!” Congratulations Tim. You did an outstanding job.
Tim Reid moderated a panel I was on for the Financial Planners Association in front of an audience of 1500. Prior to the event, as the Moderator, Tim was extremely organised and professional in his approach. Tim had conducted thorough research on each panel member as well as the conference themes, other speakers and audience. Tim then invested time with the panel members together as a team then with each of us separately. Tim was also very open to suggestions made by panel members as to how the panel could be conducted. Tim's attention to detail and professionalism shown as a Moderator was the best that I have experienced to date. During the panel itself, Tim engaged very well with the audience and each of the panel members, eliciting a very engaging, informative and inspiring discussion. Panels are not normally inspiring however this was - largely due to Tim's experience and style in moderating. Tim is an outstanding Moderator.